Your privacy is important
At Talento Meld your right to privacy is important. The following statement outlines how Talento Meld manages personal information that it holds about individuals.
Personal information – what is it?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you (whether true or not) from which Talento Meld can determine your identity.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g., medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g., address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other information obtained by Talento Meld in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information – what is it?
When personal information concerns certain matters it is considered sensitive information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion, membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs, affiliations, or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
Talento Meld will only collect, use, or disclose sensitive information about you in accordance with the law.
In most cases, Talento Meld will only collect, use, or disclose sensitive information where it has received your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal information?
Your personal information will be collected by Talento Meld to provide you with recruitment services.
How your information will be collected?
Generally, Talento Meld collects personal information directly from you. For example, it collects personal information when you:
- deal with Talento Meld in person, by telephone, letter, fax, or email;
- supply a resume;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- complete psychometric assessments.
Personal information about you may also be collected from a third party. For example, when Talento Meld receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of inquiries of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
If Talento Meld does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you that it has collected personal information from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Talento Meld has collected your personal information.
How Talento Meld may use and disclose your personal information?
Talento Meld may use and disclose the personal information it collects about you for the following purposes:
- to provide recruitment services to you;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged Talento Meld.
Talento Meld may also disclose your personal information to a third party if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- Talento Meld insurers;
- a professional association or registration body;
- a worker’s compensation body;
If Talento Meld engages a third-party contractor to perform services which involves handling personal information, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
If you do not give Talento Meld the information, it seeks
If you do not give Talento Meld the information it seeks, it is unable to provide you with recruitment services.
Security of your personal information
Talento Meld holds personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Talento Meld has security procedures in place to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Talento Meld uses a number of processes to protect your personal information including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorized staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify information needing special protection.
Talento Meld will keep your personal information no longer than necessary. Talento Meld will appropriately dispose of your personal information so that it is protected from unauthorized use or disclosure.
You can request access to your information
You may request access to any personal information Talento Meld holds about you, subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Your request to obtain access will be dealt with in a reasonable time. Talento Meld may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the information to you.
Talento Meld is not always required to provide you with access to your personal information on request.
Talento Meld may refuse your access to personal information in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorized by law or where the request is vexatious or frivolous.
If Talento Meld denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal information up to date
Talento Meld takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date.
Talento Meld may also contact you from time to time to check that the information is still correct.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information Talento Meld holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Talento Meld will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If Talento Meld is unable to agree that the personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may ask Talento Meld to place with the information, a statement by you claiming that the information is not accurate, complete and up to date.
How to contact us:
If you wish to gain access or correct your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, contact email@example.com.